At least 17 students were killed when a heavily armed 19-year-old, who had been expelled from a South Florida high school, opened fire on campus shortly before classes let out on Wednesday.
The incident took place at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, a school of more than 3,000 students in a tony suburb northwest of Fort Lauderdale where houses sit on broad lots.
According to the police, the suspect was identified as Nikolas Cruz, who had recently attended the school but had been kicked out for â€˜disciplinary reasonsâ€™.
This is 19th school shooting in the US in 2018.
— Michael Gravesande (@OldBlackHack) February 14, 2018
The suspect was captured after a manhunt.
shooting at stoneman douglas high school in Parkland florida (broward county). wish the best to the families who suffered in this pic.twitter.com/GtvFN9Lq2Y
— zezima (@AJ_sesh) February 14, 2018
- Police press meet on Pranay's murder case
- Unique celebrations on Modi's birthday
- Congress still in deep confusion
- Actress Gautami responds on early polls in Telangana
- Trisha trolled for posting pics with dolphin
- Interesting details of Adivi Sesh’s next film
- Rashmika responds to break up rumours
- Silk Smitha’s last film to release soon
- Telangana CPI(M) gives a deadline to Pawan Kalyan
- Marri Sashidhar Reddy complains of the violation of Article 170
- Amitabh Bachchan's first look from 'Thugs of Hindostan' is out
- Rahul Gandhi to address a grand rally in Kurnool
- Shruti Haasan performs in London for the first time
- Actress locked for The Rise of Sivagami
- Sekhar Kammula’s next film announced
- Revanth Reddy: KCR conspiring against me
Mass evacuations in US after 70 explosions hit gas pipeline
On Thursday, nearly six people were injured when dozens of explosions took place in Boston, United States. This triggered mass evacuations due to a natural gas pipeline rupture.
UK tourists among 7 injured in Paris knife attack
On Sunday, at least seven people including two British tourists were injured in Paris after they were attacked by a man armed with a knife and an iron bar. According...
Amazon becomes second US company to hit $1 trillion market value, after Apple
On Tuesday, Amazon entered into $1 trillion club and joined Apple Inc. It emerged as the second member of the group after its stock price doubled in 15 months.
Trump: India called us the other day, said they would like a trade deal
US President Donald Trump has said India wants a trade deal with the US despite the tough stance taken by his administration on the issue.
Another Telugu youth killed in the USA
In yet another unfortunate incidents a 26-year old Pruthviraj Kandepi of Andhra Pradesh's Guntur district along with two others were shot dead in a firing in the USA...
Shame! Kindergarten school in China welcomes students with semi-nude dance
A Kindergarten school principal in southern China has been sacked for his weird idea of welcoming the students back to the first day of term with a sultry pole dancing...