Creating history, China has launched the world’s first all-electric cargo ship. As per the state media reports, the ship can travel up to 80 km with 2000 tonnes cargo after a two hour charge.
As per the reports, the Guangzhou Shipyard International Company Ltd manufactured the ship, which weighs 600 tonnes and 70.5 metre long. It can cruise at the top speed of 12.8 km per hour. Also, it is powered by a 26-tonne lithium battery.
The vessel has zero emission including sulphur, carbon and PM2.5 as it won’t use fossil fuel. It was loaded with thermal coal mainly for areas around the Pearl River in Guangdong Province on its inaugural run.
- Nandamuri Hero poses challenge to Ram Charan
- The defiant Kathi Mahesh gets compromised
- Here is the complete list of those who won big at the 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018.
- Nani's AWE release postponed
- US Government shutdown after Senate blocks spending bill
- Tholiprema Audio review
- RGV's twitter strategy - Criticise and Hit Delete?
- Sunny Leone to get wax statue at Madame Tussauds Delhi
- May I go to Bollywood, please?
- Nani to play NTR in Mahanati?
- Naa Peru Surya to release in 7 Indian Languages
- 'Bigg Boss 11' contestant to feature in 'Saaho'?
- Ola and Uber to merge with Softbank?
- Krishnam Raju: Prabhas to get married this year
- 'Bharat Ane Nenu' A Hollywood freemake?
- Indian politicians are rascals: Mohan Babu
US Government shutdown after Senate blocks spending bill
The US Senate turned down a spending bill of the federal government, leading to its shutdown. The spending bill would have given federal agencies such as the Pentagon funds in...
British MPs approve the Brexit Bill
After several debates, the British MPs have finally given the nod to a landmark Brexit bill, but the legislation now faces a battle in the upper chamber. Read More
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu: We believe in India
“We believe in India", says Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. He inaugurated the third edition of the geo-political conference Read More
Arnold Schwarzenegger sends out a great message
Arnold Schwarzenegger, one of the biggest Hollywood Superstars of the 1970s and 80s revealed the stark facts of life through a photograph of himself sleeping on the street under his...
Bigots are not welcome: British Parliament
British parliamentarians are unimpressed by USA President Donald Trump. Racists, who incite communal hatred, are not welcome in this country, is what the parliamentarians have to say. They are also...
Kim Kardashian, Kanye West welcome third baby
Star couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West announced that they welcomed their third baby via surrogacy. This time, they Read More