Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who was often dubbed as “Arabian Warren Buffett” for his vast investment portfolio was arrested following a corruption purge in the Gulf state is the 45th wealthiest person the Planet. The Prince has an estimated net worth of $17bn (£13bn).
The grandson of Ibn Saud, the founder of Saudi Arabia, Prince, hasn’t attained the wealth from the oil or inheritance. Instead, the Prince made his fortunes by investing in global brands at a time when their share prices were lowered, with significant stakes in firms such as Apple, Citigroup, ride-sharing firm Lyft and Disney.
Apart from these, the Prince is the founder, chief executive officer and 95pc owner of the Kingdom Holding Company, a Forbes Global 2000 company, and also co-owns the Four Seasons hotel chain along with Bill Gates. Prince Al-Waleed is the sole owner of London’s landmark luxury hotel, the Savoy.
The Saudi Prince further holds a major stake in News Corporation and played a leading role in the shareholder vote to split the Murdoch controlled company in two in 2013. He sold his holding in the newspaper side News Corp by 2015, however, and later also sold down his stake in 21st Century Fox.
- KCR to face the same controversy as Kejriwal?
- First Review of 'Padmaavat' by Umair Sandhu
- Suchi Leaks 2.0
- Janasena Chief's Political Strategy
- Pawan Kalyan sets deadline for his party
- Kathi Mahesh comes in support of RGV's GST
- Is Deepika Padukone more popular than Sunny Leone? Asks Mia Malkova
- Jagan: Will tie up with BJP for special category status to AP
- Key points from Modi's speech at Davos
- Fissure between Power Star Pawan and Stylish Star Bunny?
- RGV calls 'Pokiri' a flop movie
- Trump ridicules Modi's English
- RGV draws comparison between Modi and Mia Malkova
- Vijayashanti's questions KCR about Pawan's tour
- Purandareswari questions Chandrababu Naidu
- Allu Arjun's 'Naa Peru Surya' release gets preponed
Trump ridicules Modi's English
Donald Trump became the President of the United States of America through a hate campaign that raked up xenophobia in America. As part of his Delaware address, then Republican candidate...
Apple joins Malala for Girl empowerment
With a noble aim to empower girl's education, the tech giant Apple joined hands with Malala. Led by Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Malala Yousafzai, the Malala Fund is focused on...
Arnold Schwarzenegger sends out a great message
Arnold Schwarzenegger, one of the biggest Hollywood Superstars of the 1970s and 80s revealed the stark facts of life through a photograph of himself sleeping on the street under his...
Trump signs bill to reopen government after three days of shut down
US President Donald Trump on Monday signed a bill reopening the government. He signed a government spending bill that ends a three-day partial shut down. Read More
US Government shutdown after Senate blocks spending bill
The US Senate turned down a spending bill of the federal government, leading to its shutdown. The spending bill would have given federal agencies such as the Pentagon funds in...
British MPs approve the Brexit Bill
After several debates, the British MPs have finally given the nod to a landmark Brexit bill, but the legislation now faces a battle in the upper chamber. Read More