Congress Party candidate Neelandhu Chaturvedi has won the by-election held in Chitrakoot assembly constituency in Madhya Pradesh. Mr. Chaturvedi defeated the closest contender, BJP’s Shankar Lal Tripathi with a margin of over 14000 votes. While Mr. Chaturvedi got 66810 votes, Mr. Tripathi had to be satisfied with only 52677 votes. This result in a constituency considered a BJP stronghold since 2013 is surprising.
The Congress leaders here were successful in bringing the BJP government’s corruption to the fore. In the recent Gurdaspur by-poll held in Punjab, it was once again the Congress party that emerged victorious. Political analysts are now saying that Modi’s sway over North India is slowly declining. It is now to be seen whether Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi’s strategies for the upcoming Gujarat elections will pay dividends or not. It is expected that even if the BJP wins, the Congress party will increase its share of votes.
- Krish’s “Manikarnika” gets new release date
- Jr NTR rejected Bigg Boss?
- Rajinikanth on Cauvery Verdict: Reducing water to Tamil Nadu disappointing
- RBI: Will take appropriate supervisory action in PNB fraud case
- Army's counter to Owaisi's remarks
- Modi follows in the footsteps of Mallya
- Chiranjeevi to hold a press conference on Friday; suspense over his reentry into active politics
- Nayanthara to join Chiranjeevi for “Sye Raa” shoot
- Interpol's hunt begins for Nirav Modi
- Police to arrest RGV?
- Mexico struck by massive 7.2 magnitude earthquake
- Chandrababu Naidu: People will take harsh decision if they feel cheated
- Priyanka Chopra sues Nirav Modi
- Mudragada Padmanabham questions Chandra Babu's integrity
- Amit Shah's bike rally stirs controversy
- Rajasthan Minister's Aswachch Bharat
Krish’s “Manikarnika” gets new release date
Starring Kangana Ranaut in the title role, her much-hyped upcoming film titled “Manikarnika” is definitely one of the most looked-for movies in Indian cinema. Being directed by Krish, the movie...
Rajinikanth on Cauvery Verdict: Reducing water to Tamil Nadu disappointing
Superstar Rajinikanth on Friday reacted to the Supreme Court’s Cauvery verdict. He expressed disappointment over lowering the share of Tamil Nadu. He urged the state government to file a review...
Chandrababu Naidu: People will take harsh decision if they feel cheated
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu said, “People will take harsh decision if they feel cheated.”
Interpol's hunt begins for Nirav Modi
The Central Bureau of Investigation had requested the Interpol to help in arresting the bank fraudster Nirav Modi who is accused of getting Punjab National Bank (PNB) officials to facilitate...
RBI: Will take appropriate supervisory action in PNB fraud case
On Friday, the Reserve Bank of India said that it has already undertaken an assessment of control systems at Punjab National Bank. The RBI added that it will take appropriate...
Army's counter to Owaisi's remarks
Asaduddin Owaisi of AIMIM commented on Wednesday that Muslims were being treated as outsiders despite laying down their lives for the country, claiming that five of the Jawans martyred in...