Making Amaravati the capital of Andhra Pradesh was fraught with danger, said Janasena party leader Pavan Kalyan. Caste, creed and religious identity is very important in this area, he observed. He said that only if people were able to transcend this could Amaravati become a global city and encouraged the leaders and people to move in this direction. He said that the capital could be any city, but global infrastructure would have to be built. However, Vijayawada had not changed much, he observed. He also said that the people of this region were trapped in casteism. He said killing Vangaveeti Ranga, who was unarmed, was absolutely wrong, and the government of the day was at fault, leading to loss of innocent lives in the ensuing riots. He said that no one cared about caste in Hyderabad while in the Vijayawada region that was the first question asked.
He reiterated that this had to change if the city had to become world-class. He said that differences between castes would lead to disaster and only harmony between the different groups was the solution. He urged the people to work towards this for the prosperity of the country. He said that Telangana had built a reputation of being free of caste acrimony, something that was lacking in the Andhra society. He also pointed out that castes gained prominence only because of wealth, otherwise no cared for them. He concluded by saying that Andhra Pradesh could progress only if each individual region – Rayalaseema, Northern Andhra and the coastal areas – was developed.
- Kohli fined 25% of match fee for breaching Level 1 of the code of conduct
- Actress Bhavana to enter the wed-lock soon
- Melania Trump may yet find her voice
- Festival present for ruling parties of Telugu states on January 29th.
- Nara Lokesh's itinerary fixed for foreign visit
- Balakrishna's stunt in 'Jaisimha' leaves Mahindra owner in a deep laugh
- Roja's Sankranti fun!
- Padmaavat row: Karni Sena vandalizes the School
- Nawin Vijay Krishna's new movie titled 'Oorantha Anukuntunnaru'
- Director P. Vasu clarifies on his death rumors
- 'Padmaavat' banned in three states; is U.P. next?
- Kathi-Pawan controversy: Chiranjeevi to intervene?
- Togadia does a 'Lagadapati'
- Trailer of RGV's 'God Sex and Truth' is Out
- KCR to show the door to 'TDP' Ministers?
- KTR secures $300 million investment in Textile Park
Nawin Vijay Krishna's new movie titled 'Oorantha Anukuntunnaru'
Nawin Vijay Krishna, son of senior actor Naresh, who earlier acted in 'Nandini Nursing Home' and 'Inaa Ishtam Nuvvu' is gearing up for his third movie titled 'Oorantha Anukuntunnaru'.
Festival present for ruling parties of Telugu states on January 29th.
The Central government is all set to introduce the Bill for delimitation and increase of constituencies in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on January 29th, which is the first day of...
Balakrishna's stunt in 'Jaisimha' leaves Mahindra owner in a deep laugh
Nandamuri Balakrishna who is known for his punch dialogues and larger than life characters is equally known for his gravity-defying fight sequences. As his fans enjoy this kind of heavy-duty...
Director P. Vasu clarifies on his death rumors
In the age of the internet and social media, fake news can spread rapidly and fortunately can be refuted just as easily. Several celebrities fell victims to death hoaxes in...
Kathi-Pawan controversy: Chiranjeevi to intervene?
With the ongoing tiff between Kathi Mahesh and Pawan Kalyan fans getting worse day by day, TDP Yuvashakthi President Kethireddy Jagadeeswar Reddy has finally decided to put an end to...
KCR to show the door to 'TDP' Ministers?
Telangana Home Minister Naini's remark about people who had not fought for Telangana, or been part of the Telangana agitation, being made Cabinet ministers by KCR has become a huge...