Actor Prakash Raj made headlines with his critical comments on the BJP. The actor accused BJP of having a ‘hunger to hold on to power’. He further added that the same was leading to a situation where people like him ‘could not speak’.
At a press conference on Sunday, the 52-year-old actor said, “Hasn’t this been haeppening for quite some time? Wasn’t Shah Rukh Khan sidelined? Wasn’t Aamir Khan sidelined? Wasn’t he removed from being an ambassador? Weren’t some of his commercials stopped? My commercials are being stopped too. I can’t speak about the commercials because there is no money involved.”
He further added, “I have no faith in any political party.”
Mr. Raj said that there is a silent majority of people who have realised what he called their mistake in voting for the BJP.
He stated that he did not approve of actors joining politics and termed it as a disaster. He added that they should come with clear perception of issues facing the country.
- Krish’s “Manikarnika” gets new release date
- Jr NTR rejected Bigg Boss?
- Rajinikanth on Cauvery Verdict: Reducing water to Tamil Nadu disappointing
- RBI: Will take appropriate supervisory action in PNB fraud case
- Army's counter to Owaisi's remarks
- Modi follows in the footsteps of Mallya
- Chiranjeevi to hold a press conference on Friday; suspense over his reentry into active politics
- Nayanthara to join Chiranjeevi for “Sye Raa” shoot
- Interpol's hunt begins for Nirav Modi
- Police to arrest RGV?
- Mexico struck by massive 7.2 magnitude earthquake
- Chandrababu Naidu: People will take harsh decision if they feel cheated
- Priyanka Chopra sues Nirav Modi
- Mudragada Padmanabham questions Chandra Babu's integrity
- Amit Shah's bike rally stirs controversy
- Rajasthan Minister's Aswachch Bharat
Krish’s “Manikarnika” gets new release date
Starring Kangana Ranaut in the title role, her much-hyped upcoming film titled “Manikarnika” is definitely one of the most looked-for movies in Indian cinema. Being directed by Krish, the movie...
Rajinikanth on Cauvery Verdict: Reducing water to Tamil Nadu disappointing
Superstar Rajinikanth on Friday reacted to the Supreme Court’s Cauvery verdict. He expressed disappointment over lowering the share of Tamil Nadu. He urged the state government to file a review...
Chandrababu Naidu: People will take harsh decision if they feel cheated
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu said, “People will take harsh decision if they feel cheated.”
Interpol's hunt begins for Nirav Modi
The Central Bureau of Investigation had requested the Interpol to help in arresting the bank fraudster Nirav Modi who is accused of getting Punjab National Bank (PNB) officials to facilitate...
RBI: Will take appropriate supervisory action in PNB fraud case
On Friday, the Reserve Bank of India said that it has already undertaken an assessment of control systems at Punjab National Bank. The RBI added that it will take appropriate...
Army's counter to Owaisi's remarks
Asaduddin Owaisi of AIMIM commented on Wednesday that Muslims were being treated as outsiders despite laying down their lives for the country, claiming that five of the Jawans martyred in...