The under-construction Railway Bridge over the Chenab River in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district has many specialties. Said to the be the highest bridge, which is even taller than the Eiffel Tower, it has much more specialty features to offer. The bridge can withstand massive earthquakes measuring up to 8 on the Richter scale and even blasts can’t shake the bridge.
The Railways officials said that this bridge will have a “security setup” against possible terror threats and quakes and it will be most possibly completed by 2019.
As the Jammu and Kashmir has been the land of blasts and terror attacks since ages, the bridge is designed specially to withstand the earthquakes and heavy blasts.
“The bridge has also been designed with anti-terror features in consultation with the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO),” a senior engineer working on the project said, without elaborating it further.
Though the construction began 13 years ago in 2014, the construction was halted for a brief period in 2008-09 due to the threat of high-velocity winds in the area.
The 1.315 km long bridge will connect Bakkal (Katra) and Kauri (Srinagar) and is designed to withstand wind speeds of up to 260 km per hour.
- KCR to face the same controversy as Kejriwal?
- First Review of 'Padmaavat' by Umair Sandhu
- Suchi Leaks 2.0
- Janasena Chief's Political Strategy
- Pawan Kalyan sets deadline for his party
- Kathi Mahesh comes in support of RGV's GST
- Is Deepika Padukone more popular than Sunny Leone? Asks Mia Malkova
- Jagan: Will tie up with BJP for special category status to AP
- Key points from Modi's speech at Davos
- Fissure between Power Star Pawan and Stylish Star Bunny?
- RGV calls 'Pokiri' a flop movie
- Trump ridicules Modi's English
- RGV draws comparison between Modi and Mia Malkova
- Vijayashanti's questions KCR about Pawan's tour
- Purandareswari questions Chandrababu Naidu
- Allu Arjun's 'Naa Peru Surya' release gets preponed
Key points from Modi's speech at Davos
The under-construction Railway Bridge over the Chenab River in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district has many specialties. Said to the be the highest bridge, which is even taller than the...
Trump ridicules Modi's English
Donald Trump became the President of the United States of America through a hate campaign that raked up xenophobia in America. As part of his Delaware address, then Republican candidate...
Is Deepika Padukone more popular than Sunny Leone? Asks Mia Malkova
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmaavat' which has been mired in controversies since inception is still facing a tough time. Amidst huge controversies, the only best thing that happened to the movie...
First Review of 'Padmaavat' by Umair Sandhu
Amidst hue and cry and violent protests Sanjay Leela Bhansali's historical drama 'Padmaavat' is getting released on 25th January with few cuts and title change from 'Padmavati' to 'Padmaavat'... Read...
RGV draws comparison between Modi and Mia Malkova
Director Ram Gopal Varma has time and again made headlines for all the wrong reasons. Ram Gopal Varma finds himself in the eye of the storm over his upcoming short...
Karni Sena leader agrees to watch “Padmaavat”
On Monday, the Karni Sena responded to Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s invitation and indicated that it was ready to watch “Padmaavat” before the release of the film on January 25. Read...