On Friday, the police arrested at least 159 activists of the Karni Sena, who were protesting outside the CBFC office in Mumbai for clearing the period drama “Padmaavat”.
Netaji Bhopale, Senior Police Inspector of Gamdevi Police Station said, “We arrested 136 Karni Sena supporters, who were protesting outside the CBFC office at Cumballa Hill area in South Mumbai, under section 143 of IPC for unlawful assembly.”
Also, the Tardeo Police arrested Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena Chief Raj Shekhawat and 22 supporters who had gathered near the Haji Ali to head for the CBFC office.
With this, additional security personnel were installed outside the office of CBFC.
A Karni Sena leader said, “Merely changing the name of the film isn’t enough. The CBFC, which has been there since the time of British, doesn’t know how to work.”
They also demanded the resignation of Prasoon Joshi, the chairman of CBFC.
Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, “Padmaavat” stars Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor in the leads.
- Janasena venturing into Kapu politics?
- Kathi Mahesh's attackers appear before media
- Plagiarism costs Agnyaatavaasi team Rs 100 crores?
- Asaduddin Owaisi calls 'Padmaavat' Bakwaas
- Ego Movie Review
- British MPs approve the Brexit Bill
- Dhoni hits back at the critics over India's performance in South Africa
- Anchor Pradeep attends Nampally Court
- Delhi Government in Turmoil?
- Here is the First-week collection report of 'Jaisimha'
- Anchor Pradeep's driving license gets suspended
- Charmee goes on a bike ride, yet gets unnoticed
- 'Padmaavat' poses threat to 'Baahubali'?
- Bifurcation has affected A.P. badly: Chandrababu
- Is Kathi Mahesh sending dirty messages to girls?
- Bharati Raja makes sensational comments on Rajinikanth
Delhi Government in Turmoil?
Arvind Kejriwal is up against a fresh challenge. 20 MLAs of the Aam Aadmi Party are to stamped as ineligible due to their violation of the 'office of profit' rule....
Padmaavat to have a Pan India release, SC lifts the ban
Bollywood filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali who has been going through horrid time for the past few months now gets fully relieved. The Supreme Court had lifted the ban imposed by...
Salman Khan becomes the first Indian Hero to achieve this feat
Salman Khan, one of the biggest superstars of Indian cinema, has achieved a rare feat. Salman Khan became the first-ever Indian actor to have three movies which crossed 300 cr...
Bharati Raja makes sensational comments on Rajinikanth
Ever since Superstar Rajinikanth announced his political entry, there was widespread from his fans and an equal criticism from some Tamil film celebrities who questioned his regional identity. As Rajinikanth.....
Modi, Shah are not Hindus: Prakash Raj
Actor Prakash Raj made scathing comments about the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP President Amit Shah. Speaking at the India Today South conclave, Prakash Raj said that Modi, Amit...
New twist in Jayalalithaa's death
It's been over a year since Jayalalithaa, the former Chief Minister of Tamilnadu died under mysterious conditions. Though her death still remains a mystery, several reports have been surfacing about...