In connection with the fodder scam, Judge Shivpal Singh wanted Lalu Yadav (69) to serve his sentence in the open jail but he told that he wouldn’t want like to serve time in the open jail.
The judge said that he could stay with his family in the open jail at Hazaribagh. It was opened in 2013 for naxals, convicts or undertrials, who are seen open to the idea of giving up weapons and returning to the mainstream.
With this, Mr Yadav said, “But it is for naxals”.
He added, “Sir, please see the rules of open jail… Only those above 60 years and sentenced for more than five years can be lodged there and you cannot send anyone without his consent.”
He added that he is a popular mass leader and if judge tries to shift him to the open jail then lakhs of people would accompany him to the same. To this the judge said that he could fix it and order the administration to stop them.
The CBI Special Judge said, “Go to an open jail and you can keep waving (to your supporters from a distance) through the day.”
- Janasena venturing into Kapu politics?
- Kathi Mahesh's attackers appear before media
- Plagiarism costs Agnyaatavaasi team Rs 100 crores?
- Asaduddin Owaisi calls 'Padmaavat' Bakwaas
- Ego Movie Review
- British MPs approve the Brexit Bill
- Dhoni hits back at the critics over India's performance in South Africa
- Anchor Pradeep attends Nampally Court
- Delhi Government in Turmoil?
- Here is the First-week collection report of 'Jaisimha'
- Anchor Pradeep's driving license gets suspended
- Charmee goes on a bike ride, yet gets unnoticed
- 'Padmaavat' poses threat to 'Baahubali'?
- Bifurcation has affected A.P. badly: Chandrababu
- Is Kathi Mahesh sending dirty messages to girls?
- Bharati Raja makes sensational comments on Rajinikanth
Delhi Government in Turmoil?
Arvind Kejriwal is up against a fresh challenge. 20 MLAs of the Aam Aadmi Party are to stamped as ineligible due to their violation of the 'office of profit' rule....
Asaduddin Owaisi calls 'Padmaavat' Bakwaas
Padmaavat, Padmaavat controversy, Deepika Padukone, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Shahid Kapoor, Asauddin Owaisi, Owaisi comments on Padmaavat Read More
Bharati Raja makes sensational comments on Rajinikanth
Ever since Superstar Rajinikanth announced his political entry, there was widespread from his fans and an equal criticism from some Tamil film celebrities who questioned his regional identity. As Rajinikanth.....
Kathi Mahesh's attackers appear before media
Two youths have presented themselves before the media, claiming that they were responsible for throwing eggs at film critic Kathi Mahesh on Thursday. They said that they had no personal...
Bifurcation has affected A.P. badly: Chandrababu
Telangana CM KCR's comments that Telangana should not be compared to Andhra Pradesh as Telangana is the richer state has not gone down well with the Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu...
Will announce decision before changing party: Vangaveeti
Responding to the rumours that he would quit the YCP and join the TDP, Vangaveeti Radha said that he was doing his work sincerely. If he felt that there was...