On Friday, the Reserve Bank of India said that it has already undertaken an assessment of control systems at Punjab National Bank. The RBI added that it will take appropriate supervisory action.
At present the PNB fraud emerged as the prime headline in the coutry as it involves a Rs 11,400 crore fraud allegedly by Indiaâ€™s diamond merchant Nirav Modi.
The statement said, “The fraud in PNB is a case of operational risk arising on account of delinquent behaviour by one or more employees of the bank and failure of internal controls.”
It added, “RBI has already undertaken a supervisory assessment of control systems in PNB and will take appropriate supervisory action.”
- TDP MP CM Ramesh goes on hunger strike
- KTR's sincere request to the civilians
- Bandla Ganesh shares a photo of his with Rahul Gandhi
- Daggubati Venkateshwara Rao votes for YS Jagan
- Ghanta episode: Climax likely tomorrow
- Making of Kajal’s “Paris Paris” is here
- Tarak’s dual shades in Trivikram’s film?
- Ranbir: “Brahmastra” is nothing like “Baahubali”
- Zabiyaka the goat predicts the winners in FIFA World Cup matches
- Interesting title for Vijay Deverakonda's next
- England creates history in the ODIs
- Anukreethy Vas from Tamil Nadu crowned Miss India 2018
- Dhoni's wife applies for arms license, says her life is under threat
- Massive sets for Prabhas’ next film
- Radhika Apte opens up on tough compromises
- Suhasini to play Sabitha Indra Reddy
Bandla Ganesh shares a photo of his with Rahul Gandhi
Bandla Ganesh, a small-time actor, and comedian till a few years ago had shocked everyone by turning a big film producer and even produced films with Pawan Kalyan...
Dhoni's wife applies for arms license, says her life is under threat
Former Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni's wife Sakshi Dhoni had applied for gun license stating her life is under threat. Sakshi Dhoni reportedly intends to own either a pistol or...
Radhika Apte opens up on tough compromises
Known for her acting prowess and choice of scripts, actress Radhika Apte carved a unique place in the film industry. She is also known for her bold statements.
Anukreethy Vas from Tamil Nadu crowned Miss India 2018
In a grand ceremony in Mumbai hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Ayushman Kurrana, Anukreethy Vas, a 19-year-old Tamil Nadu college student, has been crowned Femina Miss India 2018.
Making of Kajal’s “Paris Paris” is here
It is known to everyone that Kajal Aggarwal and Ramesh Aravind joined hands together for upcoming film titled “Paris Paris”. The film is a remake of Hindi blockbuster “Queen”, that...
Ranbir: “Brahmastra” is nothing like “Baahubali”
Starring Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and Amitabh Bachchan in the major roles, their upcoming film “Brahmastra” is one of the most-awaited films in the Bollywood.