Top US lawmakers opposed the H-1B changes and criticised the US President Donald Trump’s administration’s reported plan to curb H-1B visa extension, which was a part of Trump’s – Buy American, Hire American initiative.
Democratic Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard said, “Imposing these draconian restrictions on H-1B visa holders will tear families apart, drain our society of talent and expertise, and damage our relationship with an important partner, India”.
She added, “This proposal could lead to the deportation of an estimated 500,000 to 750,000 Indian H-1B visa holders, many of whom are small business owners and job creators who are helping to build and strengthen our US economy. This brain drain will stifle innovation and decrease our ability to compete in the global 21st century economy.”
Indian-American Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi said while priority must continue to be improving advanced training for domestic workforce, ending H-1B visa extensions would kneecap American economy and encourage companies to further offshore jobs, instead of making those investments here.
“I hope the administration immediately rejects this proposal,” he said.
- Kathi Mahesh comments on Pawan Kalyan’s political yatra
- Mahesh Babu wishes Namrata on birthday with adorable family pic
- It's a love marriage for Warangal Collector
- Female police officer in illicit relationship with CI, caught by husband
- RGV-Nagarjuna's film moves to Mumbai
- Tamannaah learns Tango!
- Bhavana’s mehendi pics are out!
- Pawan Kalyan’s church visit goes viral
- K. Raghavendra Rao gets appointed as TTD Chairman
- Bhavana ties the knot with Naveen
- Chandrababu Naidu: Will try to sort out issues with Centre
- Shraddha Kapoor: Working with Prabhas is a great opportunity
- Bhaagamathie will be Anushka’s best performance in her career
- Allu Arjun’s film to release in seven languages
- Pawan Kalyan begins 'Chalo re Chal' yatra
- Nandamuri Hero poses challenge to Ram Charan
US Government shutdown after Senate blocks spending bill
The US Senate turned down a spending bill of the federal government, leading to its shutdown. The spending bill would have given federal agencies such as the Pentagon funds in...
British MPs approve the Brexit Bill
After several debates, the British MPs have finally given the nod to a landmark Brexit bill, but the legislation now faces a battle in the upper chamber. Read More
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu: We believe in India
“We believe in India", says Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. He inaugurated the third edition of the geo-political conference Read More
Arnold Schwarzenegger sends out a great message
Arnold Schwarzenegger, one of the biggest Hollywood Superstars of the 1970s and 80s revealed the stark facts of life through a photograph of himself sleeping on the street under his...
Bigots are not welcome: British Parliament
British parliamentarians are unimpressed by USA President Donald Trump. Racists, who incite communal hatred, are not welcome in this country, is what the parliamentarians have to say. They are also...
Kim Kardashian, Kanye West welcome third baby
Star couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West announced that they welcomed their third baby via surrogacy. This time, they Read More