We are seeing how the food facilities are in government schools and hostels. A food poisoning incident is coming to light every week. Meanwhile, the incident at Basara IIIT and the conditions there have highlighted the negligence of the government. In this sequence, the death of a student named Sanjay Kiran from Rangampet, Elgoor, Warangal district is causing a stir.
Sanjay is studying BTech Secondary at IIIT. Parents Sridhar and Srilata come from an agricultural background. Sanjay has been suffering from health problems for some time. He came home after taking permission from the college authorities to go to the hospital in June. After receiving treatment at a private hospital in Warangal for a few days, he went to the college to write the exam.
As the exams were postponed, he came home again. In this process, he fell ill again and his parents admitted him to a private hospital in Hyderabad on the 16th of this month. They sold everything they had for his treatment and spent up to Rs.16 lakhs in total. Despite these efforts, they lost Sanjay in the process of undergoing treatment.
The doctors concluded that the reason for Sanjay’s death was the food he had been taking for years. Family members say that the doctors said that his organs were damaged due to a lack of proper food. They are complaining that their child got sick because of the food in the IIIT mess and now he is dead.