The Andhra Pradesh cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Tuesday ended with crucial resolutions including completing the construction of projects in Amaravati region.
The cabinet meeting assumed significance while the state is steaming hot with the election fervour and Vizag steel plant privatisation agitations. Here are the key resolutions made by the cabinet in today’s session,
- Cabinet approves Rs 3,000 crore bank guarantee to AMRDA for completion of projects that came to an halt in Amaravati zone.
- The state cabinet has approved to pay compensation to farmers in the Kakinada SEZ land case. In a good news to the farmers, the cabinet decided to compensate the farmers with more than the amount suggested by the committee. Six villages under the SEZ were exempted from rehabilitation.
- Selection process for the partner company for the construction of the YSR Steel Plant was also approved by the cabinet today.
- Cabinet approves ‘EBC Nestam’ scheme aimed at providing financial assistance to economically weak women from upper caste.
- Land allotment for two industrial parks in Kadapa district was discussed. The Cabinet also decided to allot 3148.68 acres of land in Jammalamadugu Zone to the AP High Grade in which the government is planning to build YSR Steel Plant. The Cabinet has decided to allot 93.99 acres of land in Ambapuram for a mega industrial park under APIIC.