Hyderabad: Fire that broke out in the neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Shine Children’s Hospital, LB Nagar has taken the life of an infant and injured four others in the early hours of Monday. Upon receiving an alert from the paediatric hospital, the Fire Services Department officials reached the third floor of the hospital at around 3 AM. The officials confirmed that the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the air conditioning in the neonatal ICU. “By the time we reached, the floor was evacuated by the LB Nagar police which anyway couldn’t help in saving the life of the infant,” said one of the officials. The shocking fact is that none of the fire safety equipment in the hospital was functional despite running the hospital from 2000.