Free COVID vaccine, power..free drinking water and 100 unit free electricity for Hyderabad people. GHMC manifesto rolled out by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state unit on Thursday is all about tall promises competing with main contender TRS.
The manifesto released in the presence of former Maharashtra chief minister and senior BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis along with other party leaders – Bhupendra Yadav, National General Secretary Muralidhar Rao and Minister of State Kishan Reddy emphasised on the COVID vaccination strategy.
BJP manifesto also promises tablets for students with high-frequency Wi-Fi services. BJP has also promised a free ride in public transport for women for which the cost will be taken care by Hyderabad Municipal Corporation.
Here is the list of promises made by BJP in the upcoming GHMC polls,
- 17 September will be celebrated as Telangana Mukti Divas.
- Coronavirus vaccine will be given to everyone through GHMC, no one needs to go to a private hospital.
- BJP to scrap the Layout Regularisation Scheme (LRS) if voted to power in GHMC elections.
- Direct assistance of 25 thousand to those who have suffered damage due to flood.
- Home to 1 lakh people through GHMC under PM Awas Yojana.
- Free travel for women in metro and buses.
- All children will be given school tabs for free, high quality Wi-Fi at all government schools and important places.
- 100% rebate on property tax in Schedule Caste Colony.
- No government fees if you build a house at 125 square yards.
- Clean water for all.
- 10 thousand crore fund with the help of Central Government for the renovation of Musi River, development of Musi River on the lines of Namami Gange and Sabarmati Water Front
- Free power up to 100 units for BPL
While the elections are scheduled to take place December 1, BJP National President JP Nadda, Union Home Minister Amit Shah and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will campaign for BJP in Hyderabad.