After five months of shut down in the wake of national-wide lockdown in March, the Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) resumed its service for passengers from Monday morning.
Claimed to be reopened with a series of measures such as limited passengers, restricting entry without face masks, thermal scanning, the services would be resumed in a phased manner.
However, as per the SOPs released by the Metro authorities, services at five metro stations- Gandhi Hospital, Bharat Nagar, Moosapet, Musheerabad, and Yusufguda will remain shut as they fall under containment zones. The metro trains will now carry only 300 passengers- almost one-third of the total capacity of the carrying capacity.
The authorities also informed that only asymptomatic people will be allowed inside the metro stations and that fresh air inside the trains and constant sanitisation will be ensured. Here are the few guidelines that will be followed by HMR for the next few days,
1. Wearing a face mask is mandatory for all passengers and staff and penalty shall be imposed for any violation
2. Suitable markings at stations and inside trains for passengers to stand
3. Alternate seats on the train will be marked with a cross to keep it vacant
4. Coins will not be accepted for the sale of tickets replaced by Smart Card and Mobile QR ticket
5. Train doors will remain open at terminal stations to let fresh air inside in the train
6. Pedal type sanitizer will be kept at the entry of the stations for passengers