The Hon’ble Chief Justice of High Court of Telangana,
High Court of Telangana,
Hon’ble Chief Justice,
Sub: Petition for your immediate intervention to take appropriate action against the police officials responsible for the illegal, atrocious and ghastly abduction of my husband Ganji Raghu, Journalist on 03.06.2021 at 9:46 AM in Malkajgiri, Hyderabad and further his illegal detention in an unlawful and felonious manner and to protect his life and liberty from the hands of Telangana Police who are implementing the illegal agenda of the ruling party of Telangana and also seeking protection from the threats of Telangana Police, lest they will kill him in jail or will foist cases under preventive detention.
I respectfully submit that my husband, Ganji Raghu is a journalist since __ years who has been unearthing the unlawful and illegal acts committed by many Influential persons, Politicians etc., connected to the ruling party and stood as the voice of the oppressed on many instances.
1. I submit that the state police machinery is acting to the tunes of ruling party. My husband has strived for bringing justice to the people, who have been suffering at the hands of many influential persons and politicians of ruling party. As part of his duty to report the unlawfulness in society, he reported the events of to Huzzurnagar, Nalgonda District.
2. On 03.06.2021, My husband had gone to market to buy fruits and groceries at about 9:00 AM. My husband while buying mangoes, at 9:46 AM was abducted by unknown persons in civil dresses wearing masks and handkerchiefs to their faces and forcefully dragged my husband and shoved him into the car. As I was not able to get in touch with him for more than an hour and his phone was switched off, I was under severe mental stress and tried to get hold whereabouts of my husband. A friend of my husband had come to know from the public at Malkajgiri road that my husband was kidnapped forcefully pushed into car by unknown persons wearing masks. I have informed and requested my near and dear about my husbands abduction seeking their help and informed that my husband had already cautioned me for past several months that there is an imminent threat to his life from the ruling party and its leaders as he has been bringing out the illegal encroachment of over thousands acres of evacuee land at puppalguda, hyderabad, illegal encroachment of over 500 acres of IDPL/Hinduja/Gulf oil lands, illegal encroachment of 43 acres of land near IKEA, Hyderabad, loot of public money under the grab of large scale projects and exploitation of innocent covid patients and their families by corporate hospitals in active connivance of ruling party. Infact, the ruling party MLA Saidi Reddy in a public press meet had warned my husband of dire consequences, without taking his name, if he continues to bring the unlawful and illegal acts of the said MLA Saidi Reddy to public foray and bringing out the voices of victims at the hands of MLA Saidi Reddy.
3. His journalist friends had started enquiring about his whereabouts from several police heads and very quickly the news had spread like wildfire in social media about my husband kidnapping. My husband being reputed as fearless and honest journalist in the public at large, they had started questioning police about kidnap in social media. Because of the impact on social media at around 1:30 PM on the same day, some Police officials had come to our home and informed me that my husband has been arrested in Crime No. 20 of 2021 P.S. Mattampally and was taken to PS Mattampally in Nalgonda District.
4. On 08.06.2021, I had come across the CCTV footage of Telangana Police abducting my husband and pushing him into car forcefully. The contents of the CCTV footage clearly shows that my husband was buying mangos form a cart on Malkajgiri Road in Malkajgiri, when two unknown persons, one wearing Red T-shirt and another wearing dark coloured T-shirt wearing masks had gathered on the backside of my husband, tried to stop their vehicle to put him in but missed it, and after a few seconds both the unidentified persons grabbed my husband by his shoulders, dragged him towards an incoming car and when my husband resisted and tried to save himself from the felonious act, another unknown person wearing pink shirt and a handkerchief to his face to cover his face got down from the car and pushed my husband into the car and the car drove away hastily, whereas the red t-shirt person had run towards the other side of the road. This ghastly abduction of my husband had happened in the broad daylight at around 9:46 AM with onlookers who were looking shocked. I am shocked to know that these masked and unknown assailants are Telangana Police. None of them were wearing any uniform and the both cars used carry AP license plates and are not police cars.
I am attaching the screenshots of abduction of my husband by unknown persons.
The following links are available on YouTube on V6 News Channel and other media channels:
5. I would like to bring to your kind notice that a mere look into the video would show that it cannot be called as arrest in a legal manner. If such abduction can be called as arrest by Telangana Police, we have to question ourselves if we are living in a democracy or banana republic. To call such abduction as arrest is a disgrace to Telangana Police and they cannot seek shelter of arrest for their actions of illegal abduction.
6. My husband’s right of life, right of liberty and right of speech as a journalist cannot be decided by the Ruling party nor the Telangana Police who are hand-in-glove to curtail the questioning voices. All this malice and spite against my husband is because he stood up against them and bringing out the corruption of the ruling party and its leaders and their acts of Land grabbing.
7. In these unprecedented times where the protectors of law and order are themselves acting as “Goondas” “abductors”, I am scared for my husband’s life. Already his liberty is at stake, I am fearful that the ruling party and its leaders would take a drastic step and cause harm to my husband’s life.
8. The said Crime No. 20 of 2021 was registered on 07.02.2021. The police had waited for four months had abducted in public in broad daylight in an illegal and unlawful manner. The said case is classic textbook example of political vendetta and my husband is made a victim. The Police had violated the procedure laid down under section 41B of Cr.P.C. None of the unknown persons alleged to be Telangana Police had wore police uniform nor can be identified as police. The cars used by them were not police cars. The Police did not get attestation from any of the family members at the time of the arrest nor was the family informed of arrest until the abduction of husband had come to light on social media. My husband was abducted at 9:45 AM by unknown persons and I was informed by police around 1:30 PM after the impact of social media only. The Notice U/s 50 (1) Cr.P.C issued by SHO P.S. Mattampally shows that my husband was arrested near our house at 12:45 PM. However the video shows that my husband was abducted at around 9:45 AM. The police have utterly failed to follow the guidelines of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in D.K.Basu V/s. State of West Bengal. Without complying the mandatory requirements as required under law and by violating the fundamental right guaranteed under Article 21 of Indian Constitution the police have arrested the petitioner’s husband at about 10.30 AM and served an arrest Memo stating that they have arrested the petitioner’s husband at about 12.45 PM.
9. The state machinery’s actions in iron fist manner and lethargy of the government mechanism has taken democracy for a ride wherein the basic right of my husband right to life, right of liberty and right of speech as journalist are infringed. I came to know that ruling party in furtherance of their conspiracy are trying to foist new cases by using the State Machinery as a tool in order to keep him in jail as long as possible and I have serious apprehension that my husband will be killed in the jail. I and our family is going through severe mental trauma and depression because of the acts of the Telangana State Police. I have running pillar and post to protect his liberty and life.
10. I have high hopes on your kindself and the Hon’ble High Court to protect my husband’s life and liberty from Ruling Party and State Police. I am merely a house-wife with a small girl of 6 years and have no other option but to reach out to your Ladyship for rescue of my husband’s life and liberty. Unless and until your kindself and this Hon’ble Court immediately intervenes to protect the life and liberty of my husband Ganji Raghu, I am fearful that my life, my husband’s life, my children’s life and also my family is at grave danger.
I beg for your Kindself and this Hon’ble High Court to protect my husband’s life and liberty and rescue him from the clutches of Ruling Party and protect him from the hands of Telangana Police, lest they will kill him in jail or will foist false cases and use preventive detention act to keep him prison at the behest of Ruling Party.
Placing all my hopes on your kindself and the Hon’ble High Court.
Ganji Laxmi Praveena
W/o. Ganji Raghu
R/o. H.No. 24-156/934/1,
Flat No. 201, Manikanta Residency,
Near SSS Hospital, Vimaladevinagar,