KCR-led Telangana government which has been facing rife criticism over mishandling the pandemic on Wednesday called for a cabinet meeting which turned to be crucial. In the meeting which surprisingly went for nine long hours reportedly took certain key decisions.
Here are the key takeaways from the meeting,
1. The state cabinet has approved a new policy to create more employment opportunities for locals in industries set up in the state.
2. A final nod was given for the finalised design for the new secretariat building
3. Cabinet has approved Telangana State Electronic Vehicle and Energy Storage Solution Policy which concentrates on giving subsidies for electric vehicle manufacturing industries
4. Powers to collectors to recruit contracted-based medical staff
5. Cabinet approved to disperse an additional Rs 100 crores to ramp up the treatment at COVID hospitals
6. The Telangana cabinet also approved TS-iPass Policy which would fast-track the building approvals in the state with minimal documents