After days of speculation, the central government has yet again extended the lockdown for the third time on Friday. In the line of the new orders issued by the Ministry of Home, the ongoing nationwide lockdown for two more weeks after May 3 till May 17. The government also issue guidelines with respect to the zones announce on the same day followed by a high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at his residence.
Irrespective of the relaxations announced, centre intended to reopen the country and restart economic activity except for the containment areas. The movement of individuals for “non-essential” activities has been prohibited between 7 PM and 7 AM, and senior citizens, persons with co-morbidities (health conditions) and children below 10 years are to stay at home except for health purposes. According to the orders issued, the norms set the framework for states, which can increase restrictions but cannot dilute them.
Here is the list of activities which is not allowed across the country till May 17th.
- All schools, colleges and other educational and training/coaching institutions will remain shut
- Travel by air, rail, metro and inter-state movement without government authorities’ acknowledgement by road is prohibited.
- Any kind of social, political, cultural and other kinds of gatherings are also prohibited till May 17
- All religious places or places of worship like mosques, temples, dargahs and churches will remain closed for public.
- Large public gatherings and events are prohibited.
- Cinema halls, malls, gymnasiums, sports complexes and other clubs cannot resume their operations until May 17.
- Hospitality services, including hotels and restaurants to remain closed.