BJP state president Bandi Sanjay was furious over the students falling ill at the tribal ashram school in Vardhannapet, Warangal district. “The girls should be given proper treatment immediately. If necessary, they demanded to move to Hyderabad and provide quality treatment,” he said. It is known that around 60 female students have fallen ill due to eating food that was poisoned because of a lizard.
Sanjay said that many such incidents have happened in Gurukuls in two consecutive months. He criticized that the government has completely failed to provide quality food in ashram schools. He said that the incidents of students falling ill due to food poisoning are worrying for parents.
The absence of even minimum facilities among gurukuls reflects the negligence of the state government. “Chief Minister, don’t bother about the country’s politics when you can’t even take care of the plight of students in Gurukuls,” he said.
A lizard was found on someone’s plate while having dinner at the tribal girls’ hostel in Vardhannapet on Monday night. Many people have already eaten the food. After a while, the students started to vomit, and then very soon the rest of the students fell ill. They were immediately rushed to Vardhannapet hospital and treated. 13 students were shifted to Warangal MGM. One of them is in critical condition. Collector warned that strict action will be taken against those responsible.