Tolivelugu Crime Bureau: In our previous story, we covered the fundamentals of Sand Mafia. The intricacies of where and how the whole illicit activity takes place. in this story, we are coming up with another interesting perspective about the exclusive facts unearthed by the team of Tolivelugu in its investigation. Be it sand, or soil, mountains or hills, no matter what kind of resource it is, if TRS leaders eye the source, they have a habit of exploiting it to the fullest. The dynamics of the illicit sand mafia in the state are taking a new shape with each passing day, only getting bigger and bigger. KTR publicly stated that during the tenure of Congress, there was not even a single rupee made from the sand business, and the Telangana government is now making thousands of crores of rupees from this.
In this aspect, the team of Tolivelugu did an in-depth investigation into the tender notices and the sand contracts in the state, and various shocking facts are revealed in this. To everyone’s shock, only 25% of the money made through the sand business is realized, and the rest 75% of the whole lot actually goes into the pockets of corrupt politicians., crumbling the numbers. In addition to that, the rights of the Adivasi population are brutally violated and the funds made through the sand mafia are diverted into the Benami companies of the ruling government.
Co-operatives, which have to earn Rs 590 per cubic meter of sand, get only Rs 40. As a result, injustice is being done to the families. This is due to the TS MDC hidden policy and the anarchy of the agreements. In six months, each family has to earn up to lakhs of rupees, taking only four thousand rupees and living in poverty. The ruling party, which claims to be bringing in Rs 3,000 crore in revenue on the sand, is in fact continuing to raise Rs 10,000 crore. If 50 lakh cubic meters of sand were sold during the Congress regime, now 5 crores 60 lakh cubic meters of sand are being dumped every year. This business continues to thrive as there is more demand than ever before.
Sand business in Bhadradri is like this!
The tribal MLA who won from the Congress party and joined the TRS party is actually inflicting severe damage on his own tribes. These businesses are continuing in Pinapakam, Manugur, Edulla Bayyaram and Burgampad. He has the support of the Minister of Joint Districts whenever he goes across the districts. Transport officials, with the rank and file, prevent others from interfering. The rich relatives of the minister are running the business near Narsapuram and Bhadrachalam. Vasu, the president of the Lorry Association, spins the wheel, claiming to be the right hand of the minister near Padmagudem. His follower and one M.L.C are also involved. That means the whole affair is being run with the involvement of the Minister as well as the MLA, a former MLC, and one latest MLC. Investigating their accounts will definitely reveal how much money is changing hands.
Sand business in Mulugu district is like this!
In Mulugu district, Warangal’s son, Khammam’s son-in-law, and Nalgonda’s nephew- Lakshman Rao is ruling the sand mafia. He runs his business by claiming to be the right-hand man to KCR. He handed over the sand business in Bommanapally, Wazed Zone to his followers Praveen Reddy and Muralidhar Reddy. The leader, who was elected as the people’s representative from Atur Nagaram and is also the chairman of the same district, is looking after it.
The support of the tribal minister was ample after crossing the district. She would call the collectors directly and tell them. And in Venkatapur, everybody is scared of Lakshman Rao. He has the support of another aristocratic minister from the same district. After defeating the former minister and having the former police, currently the minister as relative to the boss, the people having ties with TDP are still sustaining in the sand mafia. In Mulugu, two ministers, relatives, and followers of the MLC and ZDP chairmen are continuing the business that could change the fate of tribals in the state if done legitimately.
GST evasion, diverting money in the name of existing projects in other districts. In Part-3, we will look at the attitude of the authorities towards the registered tribal sand lands and how much money they are making on the precious resource of tribals- sand.