VROs in Telangana are now on protest mode. While it has been a year since the KCR-led state government scrapping the Village Revenue Officer system, the officers are seething with discontentment over the government not releasing the job chart yet.
Announcing that they would intensify their protest as the government didn’t respond to the demonstrations across the state wearing black badges for three days, the VROs anguished that all their increments, departmental tests, and transfers are left on hold.
Below are the demands laid down by the revenue employees association,
- VROs after scraping the system should be integrated with revenue department
- The employees who voluntarily opted to switch to other department should be given options
- Orders should be issued without disturbing the seniority of VRVs
- Increments due to VRVOs should be sanctioned immediately
- The families of VRVOs who died with COVID should be offered with compensation appointment
- VRVOs in the latest zonal system should also be given the opportunity for transfers
- Orders should be issued to VRVOs to write departmental exams for promotions in the Revenue Department
- The process for promotions of Deputy Collectors from VRA in the Revenue Department should be taken up immediately
- Suspended VRVOs should be taken into duty immediately
- As the VRVO system is being scrapped, all departmental cases against VRAs should be investigated and resolved expeditiously